Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Picasa Photo Collage Tutorial

I recently posted a collage I made with my jewelry pictures in Picassa.

Thanks to a great idea from one of my new readers I decided to try a little tutorial.   I have Picassa3 which is a free photo editor.  I have been using it to brighten, color balnce and crop my photos and I like the way it works.  It is easy to use and does what I need it to do.

How to make a collage in Picassa:
  • Open up Picassa
  • Click on a picture, any picture.  A tiny copy of that picture will now show up in the Photo Tray (bottom left). 
  • Press the Ctrl key (Windows) or the Command key (Mac) on your keyboard while clicking photos to select multiple photos from the same folder or album. 
  • Use the Hold button hold button to hold your selected photos in the Photo Tray.
  • After you click the Hold button, you can then select photos from other folders or albums.
  • Once you have some pictures in the Photo Tray, click the Collage button (bottom middle)
Your collage should now show on the screen like a bunch of photos thrown on a table.  On the left side of the page, under Settings you can use the drop down menu to choose how to arrange your collage.  Once you like the look of it click the Create Collage button (left bottom) and voila!  your Collage has now been created.



Try this and post a link to your collage in the comments!  Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment on my blog, your comments make it all worth while!