Monday, January 13, 2014

New Directions

Happy New Year!

I love BEADS!!  Yep, I said it.  I especially love art beads.  Since I got a little money for Christmas I decided to try making some.  A few months ago I bought some air dry clay to play with and I really loved the feel of clay in my hands and what I was able to make.  

I decided to try Polymer Clay since it can be baked to become a solid, hard bead or pendant that can be used in jewelry design.  So far I really love it.

Some finished pieces...







And some unfinished...




I like to just jump in and try things out when I get new "toys" and the pictures above are just me playing with stamps, paint and textures.  

Now I am learning about mixing colors and trying some basic techniques to get a good foundation in this medium. I also bought some mold maker to design some of my own impressions...I promise to share when I get to that part.

What new mediums or techniques are you trying this year?

-Cory

4 comments:

  1. I really love some of those beads! Looks to be a great new direction for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work. I too am trying out polymer for the very first time. Have fun and I hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got so many techniques to play with. I tend to revisit different ones and change up the technique based on my current mood or agenda. I've also been focused in polymer clay as well. Have you tried out pigment powders. OMG. For practice you can use some eyeshadow with a brush onto your unbaked clay. Then once you are finished accenting bake it. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Cory! GREAT start! Polymer clay is on my list to start this year as well...soon, hopefully. Air dry clay might be fun to play with too....

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment on my blog, your comments make it all worth while!